These minty lamb leg steaks or chops make a delicious midweek treat. On the table in under 30 minutes and served with a creamy potato and watercress salad - a mouthwatering treat for all.
- 4 Northumbrian lamb loin chops or leg steaks
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 2 teaspoons prepared mint sauce
- 1–2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 900g small new potatoes, quartered, cooked and cooled
- 3–4 tablespoons low-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ lemon, grated zest and juice
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped, or 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely crushed
- 2 large handfuls watercress leaves, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- To prepare the marinade: in a large, shallow bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients together. Season. Add the lamb, coat on both sides, cover and set aside.
- For the salad: in a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together, season and set aside.
- Cook the lamb in a non-stick griddle pan on the hob, under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared BBQ for 6–8 minutes on each side or until any meat juices run clear.
- Serve the steaks with the salad.