Please see our list of current vacancies. To apply for a position please email email@example.com with the job title as the subject heading.
Deli Sales Professional
Do you love food, have a great personality and thrive on hard work?
This full-time position is perfect for someone who would love to join our Deli team, helping to increase sales, creating enticing counter displays and playing a key part in promoting new and exciting dishes at our Northumbrian Food Hall in Alnwick.
If you are…
· Passionate about food and drink (great food excites you)
· A people-person who loves to create connections, build relationships and be ‘in the conversation’ (your school teacher may have said you talked too much)
· Hard working, love being on your feet all day and a busy person (operating at a high pace and going home worn out is just what you do)
· Keen to clean when there’s time to lean (scrubbing, scraping, brushing and cleaning aren’t beneath you)
· Keen to learn new skills (you’re probably inquisitive and ask lots of questions)
· Standards driven, taking great pride in the work you do (Cutting corners is never an option, high standards matter - a lot)
· Enjoyable to be around with a positive team attitude (you’ve got a can-do spirit and believe the best in people)
And would love to…
· Interact with customers who love food (you get really excited when you start talking about food)
· Give great advice on the meals we sell and how to cook them (they WILL ask you if you wouldn’t mind just cooking it for them)
· Help our team of experts develop new dishes (it really could be you coming up with Turnbull’s next ‘best seller’)
· Provide invaluable feedback on what our customers want (you have a natural ability to gauge what people are looking for)
· Make the odd star performance in our marketing endeavours (the occasional picture and video performance doesn’t daunt you in the slightest)
· Play an important role in one of the country’s finest independent food retail teams (being the best matters a lot to you)
· Bottom line… If you’re ready to get your teeth stuck in to the task of becoming Turnbull’s next Superstar, then this job is for you!
· Full-time hours and job security (Our team were proven to be ‘key workers’ during 2020)
· Opportunities for training and continued professional skills (we hire for attitude and train the skills)
· A small, family owned, entrepreneurial company where your ideas, efforts and inputs are heard and valued (you really make a difference to the success of the company)
· The chance to ‘carve’ out a new career (excuse the pun) with one of the country’s best independent butchers and delis – we have big plans for our Northumbrian Food Hall!
Turnbull’s offer delightful food experiences that are built around the heritage of our family’s butchery business, established in 1880, putting meat at the heart of everything we do.
Turnbull’s provide the best available Northumbrian meats along with fresh produce, fine foods and ingredients for home cooks and using the ingredients to create exciting and flavoursome oven ready and ready to eat dishes for our busy customers.
Ingredients are sourced locally wherever possible along with fine food and drink from around Britain, Europe and the rest of the world.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: From £16,000.00 per year
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
To apply for a position please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject heading.