An American inspired dish, using rump, sirloin or rib eye steaks in a simple tasty whisky and soy marinade for maximum flavour.
- 4 Northumbrian Rump, Sirloin or Rib-Eye steaks
For the Whiskey and Soy Marinade:
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons malt whiskey or Bourbon
- 5 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large non-metallic dish, mix all the marinade ingredients together. Place the steaks in the marinade and coat on both sides. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours or overnight, turning once.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and cook under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue according to your preference. Set aside to rest on a warm plate.
- Serve the steaks with a Caesar or potato salad.
Based on a 2cm thick steak
To Cook Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: 6 minutes on each side
If preferred use flat-iron, or Denver steaks as an alternative. We can cut these for you in-store!